What is Vaping South Africa?
Our team at VaperSA has put this article together to clearly explain what vaping is and how it can be a great alternative to conventional smoking.
Vaping is a catch phrase these days, everywhere you go you seem to see people with their vape pens. So, what exactly is it? and how does it work? The act of vaping occurs when an individual inhales water vapour through a hand held vaporiser.
Vaping is very quickly picking up speed and as an alternative to conventional smoking, its understandable that it is very popular at the moment. It is very similar to smoking, but without all the adverse effects associated with smoking.
Vaping is a process of using a vape pen and then applying heat to the vape essence that is flavoured and contains the nicotine. The result, then generates a vapor. The user is then able to get the nicotine hit and the feeling of inhaling, but without a lot of the negative side effects associated with normal cigarette smoking.
Where did Vaping come from?
As a concept has been around for a while and can be traced back to the early 1960’s, as technology evolved and it became less fashionable to smoke. People have turned in droves to it as it offers a balance between enjoying the nicotine found within cigarettes and not have any of the other harmful effects that smoking creates.
What is a Vape Pen comprise?
A classic vape pen is made up of the following components.
- Battery: This is the power source and is charged through USB.
- Tube: Main console of the vaporiser
- Cartridge: Houses the e-liquid, aka e-juice.
- Atomiser: Responsible for heating up the e-liquid and creating vapour that the user inhales and exhales.
- Cartographer: This is the cartridge and atomiser rolled into one.
- E-liquid: Also known as e-juice, this is where the action is. This is a water-based liquid infused with nicotine. It can come plain or in an array of flavors numbering in the hundreds. The e-juice comprises the following ingredients:
- Vegetable glycerine or propylene glycol
These ingredients get vaporised in the battery-powered atomiser which simulates the experience of smoking. If you enjoyed this article and would like to know more about vaping or our products. Please do not hesitate to contact us today!